<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 13, 2004

One Last Gasp 

...before I sign off. Tomorrow, rest assured, that goddess of the criminal netherworld will return to satisfy your daily need for wit and information. It's been fun, but I tell you, it ain't as easy as it looks, and now it's time for me to get back to my day job.

But before I go, I'll draw your attention to three articles -- all, remarkably, from USA Today. The first is a piece on How Israel Lost, by Richard Ben Cramer. No comments necessary, this sort of topic generates its own instant chatter.

The second is simply because I love the man's writing, and even once rashly proclaimed him the greatest living novelist. I'm perhaps too much of a list-maker. It's a look, twenty years later, at Milan Kundera's masterpiece, The Unbearable Lightness of Being.

And finally, USA Today makes an attempt to help rejuvenate the sales of mysteries that have slipped off the top-50.

Best to all, it's been a gas.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?