<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 09, 2004

Ch-ch-ch-changes 

Amazing what can happen in the course of a few days, but tomorrow morning at a bright and early hour, I report for duty at--gulp--my new day job. While it doesn't mean I haven't stopped looking (especially because this is not my much-desired forensic lab position), it's probably a lot better to consider future options while making money than while not earning a paycheck. So suffice it to say, the amount of content many of you have no doubt become so accustomed to will take a hit over the next little while--at least until I figure out how to blog surreptitiously from work...

But since the turnaround time from job application to interview to start date was a little less than two weeks, there's a considerable learning curve I must succumb to. So, I'm taking this coming week off and handing over the keys to Olen Steinhauer, who has kindly agreed to step in.

To make a long story short, he's the author of two highly acclaimed (and damned well-written) historical crime novels, THE BRIDGE OF SIGHS and THE CONFESSION, the latter obtaining a lovely review in today's Los Angeles Times. An American who's lived in a whole host of places around the world, Olen now lives in Budapest, and I'm always intrigued by the stories people have when they live in places that are foreign to them and vice versa. I should think he'll share a few. Or maybe he'll say more about his adventures in New York during Edgar Week. Or whatever comes into his head. In any case, I'm looking forward to what he has to say.

UPDATE: So Blogger seems to have completely stolen features from MT, er, metamorphosed while I wasn't looking. Comments! RSS feed that actually works! New templates! And more importantly, each post can now be permalinked! Anyway, much as I'm tempted to try a brand spanking new template out, well, that wouldn't be a nice thing to do to one's guest blogger. But hell--PERMALINKS! I feel so grownup now. Anyway, enjoy.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?