<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

At last. she returns 

Thanks to the wonders of delayed flights, scrambling for a hotel room at an ungodly hour in a city not my own, I have arrived--eighteen hours later than I was supposed to. To say I am fried is an understatement. I wasn't going to blog much today anyway, but if I chime in with a post of actual substance before tomorrow morning, I'll be amazed--and that's not factoring in the fact that Game 7 of the Ottawa-Toronto playoff is tonight, which means I'll be glued to the TV, hoping that the dratted Leafs will finally be put out of their misery.

But first I want to thank Kevin for the exemplary job he did in running the show here while I was gone. I managed to check in a time or two while I was away, and was so glad to see that he wasn't pulling any punches--just like I'd expected. No doubt I'll have more to say later, because his posts offered plenty of food for thought. And I do hope he'll give David Peace's earlier work another chance, but perhaps it goes to show that the best writers aren't the ones who are universally beloved, but inspire deeply polarized reactions.

And now, I gotta take a nap. See you tomorrow morning with a fresh round of links and sundry.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?