<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Chris Simms switches publishers 

Chris Simms, whose books OUTSIDE THE WHITE LINES and PECKING ORDER have generated some serious buzz and critical acclaim in the crime fiction world (for what it's worth, my review of PECKING ORDER was included in the most recent Rap Sheet roundup from January Magazine) has just moved from Hutchinson/Arrow, which published those books, to Orion, which, according to his agent Jane Gregory, has awarded him "a healthy five-figure advance" for his next two books. The news was announced a couple of days ago during the London Book Fair but is only leaking out now.

I asked Chris about it and here's what he had to say:

My, word gets around fast! In the best traditions of the crime genre, it was a case of them making me an offer I couldn't refuse! It's just a great shame to leave the team at Hutchinson.

Such is how it goes, of course, but as Jane Wood will be his primary editor at Orion, I'd venture to say he'll be in very good hands over there. And Orion, with their staggering crime list, has a better ability to promote new authors and make their names more visible, at least in the UK publishing world. In any case, huge congratulations to Chris, and I know I'm not the only one looking forward to his next work. So far, he's already carved out a nice little niche in psychological thrillers that deal with some seriously offbeat topics but are extremely well-written. No doubt that shall continue and develop even further with Orion.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?