<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 04, 2004

An adult Harry Potter? 

LONDON (AP) -- Harry Potter may be set to grow up. Writer J.K. Rowling hinted Thursday that she may not stop at seven books about the adventures of the young wizard and may write a further installment featuring the adult Harry.

In a live Web chat to mark World Book Day, Rowling - who has always insisted she'll write only seven Potter books - was asked by a fan if she intended to write books about Harry after he leaves Hogwarts, the academy for wizards.

"Probably not. But I'll never say never because every time I do I immediately break the vow," she replied.


Oh, god, the agony. And don't get me wrong, I love the books, I always will (no matter how much the last two needed serious, ridiculously serious editorial help) but let it go, Joanne. Write your Standalone Adult Novel afterwards and leave Harry to the rabid fanfic types who've already found a way to slashfic every character under the sun and turn that into academic research. It's just not worth it. Really.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?