<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 19, 2004

Talk about gastrointestinal distress 

BOSTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- French doctors were taken aback when they discovered the reason for a patient's sore, swollen belly: He had swallowed around 350 coins -- $650 worth -- along with assorted necklaces and needles.

The 62-year-old man came to the emergency room of Cholet General Hospital in western France in 2002. He had a history of major psychiatric illness, was suffering from stomach pain, and could not eat or move his bowels.


The guy died 12 days after they opened up his stomach and took out all the stuff he'd swallowed. No word on who inherited the contents of his stomach.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?