<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

New York vs. the 2012 Olympics 

So the bookies are offering 7-1 odds that NYC will lose out on the Olympic bid. Wow, that close? I'd have figured the bookies would have made it a bigger longshot, but perhaps they don't want to completely blow their wad in the unexpected instance that the city actually does secure a bid. I actually wrote about my own disdain for the whole idea late in 2002 (second item, after I whine about the then-proposed, now boringly commonplace subway fare hike) and my current opinion isn't much changed. Don't see it happening, don't see why they are even bothering, and besides, the minute there's any rumblings of additional construction on the West Side, the lawsuits start rolling in.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?