<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 22, 2004

New Rap Sheet 

Finally, January Magazine's monthly Rap Sheet is up--after a bit of a delay. I've got three reviews in there of December '03 and January '04 releases: Charlie Stella's CHARLIE OPERA, Richard Burke's FROZEN (aka one of the Nine New Blood) and M.G. Kincaid's debut paperback original THE LAST VICTIM OF GLEN ROSS, which was the nicest surprise of the bunch. I freely admit to having lower expectations when reading a PBO (well, a mass-market PBO, but my trade paperback snobbery is a subject for another occasion) so when one is as well-paced and smartly written as this one is, I'm a happy camper. As I said in the review, Kincaid does owe a lot to Ian Rankin, but choosing him to emulate is by no means a bad thing, that's for sure.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?