<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Dating a blogger: not such a good idea? 

Tod Goldberg, who just left a comment on the blog, is the author of two novels, FAKE LIAR CHEAT and LIVING DEAD GIRL. He's also a columnist for the Las Vegas Mercury and almost two years ago--long before Katha Pollitt rambled in the New Yorker about her addiction to cyberstalking her ex--related an anecdote about a friend of his. The usual thing: she met a guy who seemed nice and they hit it off. They went out a couple of times, and things were progressing nicely.

So naturally, she Googled him. And found his blog:

Friday, 2:15am

Library girl and I went out and had a great time. I was hoping she'd give me a hand job, but she didn't. I don't think she's a very good kisser, her tongue seemed really long to me. Not many women usually find me attractive so I'm kind of bummed about this tongue thing. I'd like to go to her house again and see if she'll give me a hand job. Sorry to be obsessing over hand jobs, but I just tried mushrooms for the first time...I'm 25 and just starting to take drugs! Yipee!

Friday, 4:27pm

Saw library girl at the library. We're going out tonight, though I'm gonna call her in about 10 minutes and suggest I just come over with a movie. I want to be a screenwriter and she wants to be a writer so maybe she'll find this really romantic and she'll give me a hand job.


Suffice it to say that things cooled considerably for Stacy. The moral? There's a reason to keep things strictly semi-professional on a blog. Or stay anonymous,however loosely it's defined.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?