<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 12, 2003

When flacks converge 

So Aaron Carter's parents (they're also the parents of Backstreet Boy Nick Carter, but nobody cares about him anymore) are going through a nasty divorce, with accusations of brainwashing, mishandling funds, you know, the usual stuff when the kids involved are kinda famous. Seems that Aaron's procured the PR services of Lizzie Grubman to make soundbites like this one: "Aaron is a 16-year-old teenager who does not party."

Well gosh, doesn't that sound a smidgen like the Dan Klores-induced comments that Paris Hilton made not so long ago about the sex tape*:

"I can't walk the streets," she said. "It's too embarrassing. I don't want to go out anymore. I don't want to party. This has really made me think about changes I want to make."

Surely there can be just a tad more creativity in PR statements? Or at least say stuff that doesn't get this incredibly repetitive, annoying dance tune stuck in my head.

*Isn't it about time to have the director's cut DVD version released already? Oh, well I guess the court injunctions and lawsuits may impede that sort of thing, I suppose.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?