<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 21, 2003

Blogs for our times 

Thanks to Marc, who voted it one of the "Worst Blogs of 2002", I have discovered that our soon-to-be prime minister has had his own blog for a while now.

So granted, as he explains in the "Why Does Paul Blog?" section, he hasn't quite gotten the hang of things:

Good question. One that I asked my staff when they first made the suggestion to me. After all, its not like I can pretend to be the kind of guy that spends a lot of time surfing the web. To be honest, until a few weeks ago, I didn't even know what the hell a blog was - I joked that I thought it was something that might climb out of a swamp.

But now that he's in power, perhaps the blog format would give Canadians a unique view into the world of the PMO and maybe, just maybe, we can get some unfettered pieces on what Martin really thought of his predecessor, enlightened despot Jean.

And now, dear readers, I turn it to you: send me a sample paragraph of how you think your favorite dead leader--you know, Pol Pot, Stalin, FDR, Mao, people like that--would blog if he (or in a few cases, she) had had such a thing available to them at the time. I'll post the best ones on Thursday, while les Americains are at the dinner table chomping on turkey and watching football.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?